Vegetables, in particular green vegetables are said to be very healthy for you. Whilst this is so there is another category of food that is even healthier for you. These are the so called dark foods. What’s a dark food I hear you say? Have a look at these:
- Black Rice – Packed with vitamin E and has more antioxidants than blueberries which are considered to be extremely high in antioxidants.
- Black Lentils – Loaded with iron, one cup has nearly half the daily iron requirement for women. It is also high in a soluble fibre to keep you regular.
- Black Beans – Very good at protecting you from cancer. This has been shown in research from Cornell University.
- Black Tea – Very high in antioxidants. It’s said to help improve muscle recovery, lower the risk of heart attack and help in calming.
- Blackberries – High in fibre and antioxidants and said to help improve brain function