8 Ways To Survive Winter
When you want to lose weight you need to have your immune system functioning at full capacity. Winter is the traditional time for flu’s and colds and when your immune system is at its lowest ebb. Here are eight ways to keep your immune system topped up and helping you to not only avoid the colds and flu’s but to help you with your weight loss.
- Take Vitamin C in the form of tablets or powder twice a day in the morning and evening. Freshly squeezed juice is a good source of vitamin C but restrict yourself to one small glass a day as fruit juice has a lot of sugar.
- Sleep. Get plenty of sleep and rest. Studies have shown that people who have less than 7 hours of sleep a day are more likely to be run down and more prone to colds and flu.
- Drink plenty of fresh water. You need to drink between 2 and 4 litres of water a day to keep you hydrated. Drink filtered water as the water out of the tap has high amounts of chlorine which is not good for you. Drink a large glass of water before each meal as this will give you a feeling of fullness and you will be able to eat small portions of food easily.
- Stress less and relax. Relaxation keeps your immune system up and helps you to distress. At weight loss therapist we use hypnosis to relax in the form of one on one sessions or with a cd that you take home.
- Wash your hands. This is the part of the body that is in continual contact with viruses. Don’t go overboard and wash every hour, just wash when you have been in contact with dirty surfaces or after going to the toilet.
- Drink green tea. Green tea is known to boost the immune system as it contains many antioxidants. Green tea also helps to lose weight.
- Exercise. This does not have to be strenuous, just regular and enough to raise your heart beat. Exercise for 20 minutes a day not only boosts the immune system but helps to reduce weight.
- Eat fresh vegetables at least once a day. Fresh vegetables contain phytonutrients which help keep the immune system up to scratch. Fresh fruit will also do this but restrict yourself to one or two pieces of fruit a day as fruit is high in sugar.
Simple and easy steps that if followed will help you fight off colds and flu’s as well as help you to get to your ideal weight.
For more information look us up on www.transformyou.com.au