Healthy Lifestyle Tips
At weight loss therapist in Capalaba we don’t believe in diets or dieting to lose weight. Instead we promote a lifestyle where your portions are smaller and you change some of your thinking about food. In promoting this we have put together some tips for people to have a healthy lifestyle:
- One piece of fruit a day. The reason we say one piece is that fruit has a sugar called fructose when eaten in excess puts on weight.
- Avoid all refined foods such as food made from white flour, sugar and white rice. The reason for this is that refined foods have high amounts of sugar which is what causes you to gain weight
- Avoid low fat foods. When fat is taken out of food sugar is put in so the food can have taste.
- If you are going to fry foods do it in oil that takes high temperature such as coconut oil. Olive oil is the worst oil to cook in as it forms trans fatty acids at low temperatures.
- Eat butter and not margarine
- Avoid soft drinks including sugar free drinks. Sugar free drinks still stimulate the body to produce insulin and this can interfere with the body’s ability to process sugar
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day. Water flushes the toxins out of the body
- Do not eat large amounts of dark green vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, kale and brussell sprouts as they slow down the metabolism
- Eat at least 50 – 70 grams of protein per day
- Always eat breakfast
- Eat off of a small blue plate. Blue is an appetite suppressant and if it is small then you can only have a small portion of foods.