At Weight Loss Therapist in Capalaba we have designed the following guidelines to support your mood, help you to detoxify, and to stabilise and/or increase your metabolic rate thus preventing weight gain. You can choose to combine this with virtual gastric banding to make it more effective. This is a guideline only and it is your choice to follow it.
- Pieces of whole fruit per day. No fruit juice. No processed sugar i.e cubed, white or brown sugar.
- For sweetening coffee, tea etc. use one of the following: 1 Stevia liquid, one drop equals one teaspoon of sugar. 2 Xylitol, one teaspoon equals one teaspoon of sugar. Or 3 Honey. However only use three teaspoons per day maximum.
- Avoid white refined grains such as white rice and white bread. Basmati rice is ok. Avoid cordials and carbonated soft drinks as they are full of sugar.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. Flush the Toxins from your body!!!!
- To boost metabolic rate eat more of the following foods: Fresh apricots, dates, eggs, parsley, sweet potato, prunes, raw seeds and nuts, fish, chicken & raw organic milk.
- Do not eat these foods in large quantities as they slow down your metabolic rate: Broccoli, brussell sprouts, Turnips, cabbage, kale, mustard greens, peaches, pears, radishes, spinach. These foods suppress thyroid function, especially if eaten raw, thus making it easier to put on weight after you quit.
- Other foods that are very toxifying & nourishing once you have quit are: Millet, oats, rice bran, quinoa, asparagus, cauliflower, garlic, Brazil nuts, shitake mushrooms. Especially yellow & deep orange vegetables and fruits such as carrots, oranges, pumpkin, squash, yams, taro, apples, all types of berries, cherries, grapes and legumes such as: chickpeas and lentils.
- The following foods encourage your body to make serotonin to lift your mood & are rich in the amino acid tyrosine. They are: Bananas, dates figs, milk, nut butters, tuna, turkey, salmon and yogurt. These foods also induce relaxation helping you to get a good night’s sleep.
- Consume a minimum of 50 to 70 grams of protein per day.
- Always eat breakfast.